Whether you need a quick Halloween dessert or your kid is really into monsters, these Monster Eye Cookies will fit the bill! They are incredibly easy to throw together and offer a unique cookie that kids of all ages will enjoy. They combine my favorite food groups: cookie and chocolate. (Alright, alright, they aren’t their own food groups…but they should be.)
Monster Eye Cookies
You will need:
Ready To Bake Sugar Cookie Dough
Rolo candies, unwrapped
Wilton candy eyes (affiliate link) – small size
Your favorite colored sugar crystals and sprinkles
Bowls for your different sugars and sprinkles
Small tube of premade frosting (to act as “glue” for the eyeballs)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
2. Pour sprinkles and colored sugar crystals into individual bowls.
3. Pull apart the cookie dough from the sheet (or slice into cookies and ball up if you are using dough from a tube) and roll each ball into a bowl of sprinkles or colored sugar crystals.
4. Place each sugar-covered cookie ball on the cookie sheet. Be sure to place at least 2 inches apart.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 11-14 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Remove baking sheet from oven and transfer cookies to a wire rack.
7. While the cookies are still warm, place a Rolo candy piece in the middle of each cookie.
8. Press the candy eye into the middle of the Rolo piece. (If it has a hard time sticking, you can use a small amount of premade icing as glue to attach the eyeball.)
What is your favorite creepy Halloween dessert?