If you’re searching for a unique dessert for an upcoming party or girl’s night, try these adorable DIY cactus cupcakes! Not only will they taste great, but everyone will be so impressed with how cute the cactus looks on top of the cupcake. It has a surprise marshmallow in there to add to the height while still being edible. I love these things.
Adorable DIY Cactus Cupcakes
You Will Need:
Cake mix (and the ingredients it calls for: oil, eggs and water)
Cherry, chocolate and green frosting in a decorating can
White nonpareil sprinkles
Graham cracker crumbs
Star decorating tip
Large mixing bowl
Hand or stand mixer
1. Preheat oven to 350° and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine your cake mix, oil, eggs and water and mix them together using a hand or stand mixer.
3. Fill your cupcake liners up 3/4 the way full with cake batter and bake for 15 minutes.
4. Once the cupcakes have cooled, frost the top of each cupcake with chocolate frosting and dip into a small bowl of graham cracker crumbs.
5. Add a small amount of chocolate frosting to the bottom of each marshmallow and place one marshmallow on top of each cupcake.
6. Use your can of green frosting and different decorating tips to cover and frost the marshmallows to make them look like cacti.
There are a few ways to do this, but for example, you can use the start decorating tip to frost stars all over the marshmallow.
7. Place a star tip in the bottom of a decorating bag and fill your bag with cherry frosting.
8. Use the decorating bag to add a few stars to the top of each cupcake for flowers.
9. Sprinkle the white nonpareil sprinkles on the green part of the cupcakes.
Where would you take these adorable cupcakes? Who would you enjoy them with?