If you’ve been looking for a simple, but interesting, Halloween art project, look no further! This haunted house HALLOWEEN Oil Pastel Art project uses simple supplies and kid-friendly techniques to create a unique piece of art that children and adults will both scream over! You can customize the colors, the amount of bats and ghosts, and design your house’s windows to suit you and make this one of a kind.
SPOOKY Halloween Oil Pastel Art
You don’t need anything crazy for this crafty piece. In fact, it’s likely that you already have everything lying around the house already or could find something that might work.
You Will Need:
*Construction Paper (or cardstock) in various colors (to make as pictured, you will need white, black, and yellow)
*Oil Pastels (to make as pictured, be sure to have yellow, orange, blue in a few shades, and black)
*Printed copies of the figures in the haunted house template
- Download and print out the haunted house template.
- Carefully cut out all the pieces, following which color cardstock to print on.
- On a white piece of construction paper or cardstock, draw a circle (moon) with yellow pastels and then trace that circle with orange.
- Use your fingertips to smudge the colors together.
- Use shades of blue to finish filling in the paper, darker to lighter. Blend, blend and blend some more!
- Once finished, draw a border around the entire piece of paper with black oil pastel. Blend the black pastel towards the middle of the paper.
- Glue the fence towards the bottom of the paper.
- Glue the house on top of the fence and the bats over the moon.
- Glue the doors and windows onto the house followed by any ghosts you want to add!
Are you looking for ways to make your project unique? Try adding glitter, and don’t be afraid to try some really outrageous color combinations, too.