There are so many easy recipes to make your own DIY soap with melt and pour soap bases. This recipe is fun because it uses dried lavender and eucalyptus, plus it is enhanced with lavender essential oil. Homemade bar soap can make a great gift idea, or just an affordable splurge for your “me time”. Really, you could use this as a daily indulgence! The choice is yours, and it’s simple to put together. Even kids could help.
Lavender Eucalyptus Soap
The colorants in this recipe are optional, and you can play around with which colors you would like to use, if any.
You Will Need:
*Note, all of the following links are affiliate links.
1/2 pound White Glycerin Melt & Pour Soap Base
1/2 pound Clear Glycerin Melt & Pour Soap Base
1 teaspoon dried eucalyptus leaves
1 teaspoon dried lavender petals
10 drops Lavender Oil
Kiwi and Lavender Soap Colorant (optional)
Soap Mold (You could also use rectangular molds the size you want the final product to be if you prefer.)
Glass measuring cup or bowl
- Cut both clear and white soap bases into 1 inch cubes.
- Melt the White Glycerin Melt & Pour Soap Base in microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir. If not completely melted, back in microwave for 10 second intervals until melted.
- Put 1-2 drops of Kiwi Soap Colorant into melted soap. Stir well.
- Stir in eucalyptus leaves.
- Pour into mold.
- Let set for at least 45 minutes to set.
- Melt the clear Glycerin Melt & Pour Soap Base in microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir. If not completely melted, back in microwave for 10 second intervals until melted.
- Mix in dried lavender petals, 1-2 drops of Lavender Soap Colorant and the Lavender Oil. Stir well.
- Pour into soap mold on top of the eucalyptus layer.
- Let set for 1-2 hours.
- Remove from mold and cut into 2 inch bars.
If you love making your own DIY beauty products, check out some of my other recipes, such as: