Welcome spring with a fresh, bright, decadent dessert of Lemon Stuffed Cookies! This recipe combines two flavors that are comforting and familiar, white chocolate and lemon. Whip up a batch and tell me what you think! They’re not just stuffed, they’re overstuffed and chock full of tasty bites waiting to be enjoyed.
Lemon Stuffed Cookies
Makes 22 large cookies
You Will Need:
1 1/2 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/2 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
1/2 C light brown sugar packed
1/4 C sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 C white chocolate chips
1 package of lemon Oreo cookies total, 18 cookies chopped and 18 cookies finely crushed
1 container of prepared Lemon Frosting
1 flavor injector
- Preheat oven to 350 and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a standing mixer, beat together the butter and sugars until combined and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients until combined.
- Fold in 1/2 of the white chocolate chips, 1/2 of the chopped Oreos and 1/2 of the crushed Oreos.
- Using a medium ice cream scoop, scoop cookie dough into your hands and roll into a ball.
- Combine the remaining white chocolate chips, chopped Oreos and crushed Oreos into a bowl and mix until combined.
- Roll cookie dough balls into the mixture and place onto the cookie sheet, lightly pressing down onto the cookies to form a thick disk shape.
- Repeat steps with remaining dough
- Bake in the oven 1 tray at a time for about 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Place aside for the next step.
- Remove film from the frosting and place into microwave for 30 seconds. (If you’d rather, place in a microwave safe bowl to microwave.)
- Mix with a spoon until soft and smooth. Place back into the microwave for 20 seconds and mix again.
- Using the flavor injector, place the needle into the frosting and pull the knob up to suck in some frosting.
- Poke the side of the cookie and inject frosting into the cookie until the top cracks.
- Repeat step on all cookies.
- Allow cookies to cook and enjoy!