Have you been loving all of the patriotic desserts I’ve been posting lately? Have you tried out the patriotic rice treat pops or the patriotic ice cream cones? Here is another quick, easy, and simple dessert just perfect for your patriotic celebrations. I think these would make an impressive Fourth of July dessert for sure, and it isn’t time consuming or expensive – score!
Patriotic Ice Cream Sandwiches
*Premade ice cream sandwiches (Klondike is a good one!)
*Red and blue M&Ms and/or
*Red and blue sprinkles
Optional: Wooden craft sticks and Red, white and blue foil garland
1. If using them, firmly press your M&Ms onto all 4 sides of each ice cream sandwich.
2. If using them, generously sprinkle red and blue sprinkles on all 4 sides of each ice cream sandwich.
3. Place decorated ice cream sandwiches back in the freezer for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, if you want to decorate them more, wrap foil garland around the top of wooden craft sticks, one for each ice cream sandwich.
5. Before serving, insert the decorated sticks into the middle of each sandwich and enjoy!
You could easily use this same technique for different holidays or themes! What about light and dark green for St. Patrick’s Day? Teal and lavender for a Frozen theme? I love that sprinkles make all the difference and that this takes just a few minutes to throw together.
How do you celebrate the USA?
Have a wonderful holiday!