One thing I love about living so close to Grapevine Mills Mall is that I’m close to SEA LIFE Aquarium Grapevine! They are right in the middle of a fun event called TURTLE FEST and I wanted to share more details so you and your family can go check it out.
You may remember back in July when my family visited the brand new Turtle Rescue Center. I’m thrilled that they’ve come up with a great family friendly way to teach the community about these incredible creatures, as well as to raise awareness for conservation efforts and rehabilitation programs.
Turtle Fest is an event that’s running from Friday, May 23rd (World Turtle Day!) through Friday, May 30th. You can learn about conservation through up-close interactions with some endangered sea turtles that are non-releasable and have been rehabilitated by SEA LIFE.
There are several sea turtles to check out, including green sea turtles Hope and Boomer, Kemp’s Ridley sea turtle Squirt (the most endangered species in the world), and Eddie. Eddie is a new green sea turtle arriving soon. You’ll get an up close and personal look at these amazing creatures during your Turtle Fest visit.
Annual passholders can bring a friend FREE each day of Turtle Fest!
Turtle Fest FUN
- Snap fun photos in front of the exciting photo board, which features SEA LIFE mascot Tyler the Turtle.
- Follow the special Turtle Fest scavenger hunt throughout the aquarium. Find fun facts on sea turtles and conservation, and enter for your chance to win four tickets to LEGOLAND Discovery Center Dallas/Fort Worth!
- Check out the special turtle nest replica and see how these special creatures make their nests.
- Learn first-hand how a turtle excluder device helps a turtle escape when it’s caught in a net.
- Attend one of the daily Turtle Talks at 12:30 PM in the Turtle Rescue Center to learn about conservation with SEA LIFE aquarists.
- Enjoy turtle-themed coloring activities.
Check out these other fun ways to win great prizes from SEA LIFE Aquarium Grapevine.
- Follow @sealifegrapevine on Facebook and enter to win a chance to shadow an aquarist for a day, must be 14 years of age.
- From May 23-30, share your best “Turtle Shellfie” on social media to help raise awareness for turtle conservations. A “Turtle Shellfie” is a selfie impersonating a turtle or with a turtle using hashtage #turtleshellfiedfw for a chance to win an annual pass to SEA LIFE Aquarium Grapevine!
Tickets: Admission is $20 for adults, $16 for children ages 3 to 12, and free for kids 2 and under. To purchase special discounted tickets visit www.visitsealife.com/grapevine
Hours: Monday – Saturday 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. – attraction remains open 90 minutes after last admission.