Unicorns are so popular right now, and it’s no wonder! They are pretty, rare, and unique. This Whimsical Unicorn Egg Craft works well as an unforgettable, adorable decoration. You could use them as a special surprise at a birthday party or baby shower (can you even imagine!? SO SWEET!), or even for a pretty princess tea party table decor item. I love the floral touches and the glittery horn. These little eggs are just perfect. The best part is that you won’t be using real eggs, so they will last a long time!
Whimsical Unicorn Egg Craft and Decoration
You Will Need:
Wooden or Paper Mache Eggs
Printed Copy of This Template
Gold Glitter Card stock
Black Paint Pen or Permanent Marker
Small Paper & Plastic Flowers
To Make Your Eggs:
1. Paint the wooden eggs with the acrylic paint. You will need to give each egg 2-3 coats of paint. Allow the paint to dry completely.
2. Download the template and print out.
3. Cut the template out and trace the ears onto card stock. Cut each piece out. You may want to paint your pieces to match your egg’s color scheme. See the photos for examples.
4. Glue the pieces of the ears together. Glue the ears onto the unicorn’s head.
5. Trace the circle template onto gold glitter card stock and cut out. Cut the circle in half.
6. Curl one end of the half circle up and roll into the shape of a horn. Secure with a dab of hot glue.
7. Glue the horn in between both ears.
8. Glue card stock leaves, paper and plastic flowers onto the unicorn. Add bows or other fun embellishments.
9. Use a pencil to draw eyes onto each egg. When you are satisfied with how the eyes look, trace over them with a black paint pen or permanent marker.
10. Finally, dot tiny freckles with a black paint pen or permanent marker.