Plenti yogurt is a delicious and complete post workout snack. It is also delicious as a mid-afternoon pick me up or a quick breakfast. That is why I’m recommending it as one of my favorite easy post workout snack ideas. Plenti yogurt comes premixed with super nutritious ingredients, like pumpkin seeds, flax, and oats. Be sure to read more about Plenti yogurt after my snack idea list.
Healthy Bodies Work Out!
After a hard workout, it’s important to replenish your body with nutrient-dense foods. Protein is key here, because it helps rebuild muscle tissue and replenish its energy sources. Healthy carbohydrates give an energy boost when you’re pooped from working hard.
I like to have a mix of both after a good workout, so I’m sharing these post workout snack ideas. Be sure to watch your portion sizes. You may even want to combine a few of these snacks to make a small meal post-workout. Just work them into your normal daily allotment of calories and enjoy these tasty snacks.
12 Easy Post Workout Snack Ideas
- 1 small banana and a small glass of milk (combine into a smoothie if you want!)
- a hardboiled egg and a clementine
- Plenti yogurt (it already has pumpkin seeds, flax, and oats mixed in)
- 1 cup of watermelon balls and a small handful of almonds
- mozzarella string cheese stick with a cup of seedless grapes or blueberries
- tuna and a few whole wheat crackers (mix tuna with avocado to make this snack into a small meal)
- hummus with whole wheat pita wedges
- cottage cheese and strawberries
- a small handful of nuts with a small handful of raisins or dried, unsweetened cherries or cranberries
- a protein shake or bar
- ants on a log (natural nut butter in celery stalks, topped with raisins)
- 8-12 ounces of chocolate milk
More about Plenti Yogurt
Plenti is a new Greek yogurt from Yoplait. It has whole grain oats, flax, and pumpkin seeds already mixed in. It comes in 8 tasty flavors, including black cherry, spiced apple, vanilla, peach, raspberry, coconut, blueberry, and strawberry.
It is packed with calcium and vitamin D. Since it is a Greek yogurt, it has a high protein punch as well. My favorite part is that it comes with the add-ins, so it has a fun texture. It’s a little chewy, a little crunchy, and also rich and creamy.
It was lower in calories than I thought it would be (140 calories for my favorite, spiced apple) and is low fat. It has a 1:1 protein to sugar ratio, with 12 grams of each.
Be sure to pick up Plenti Plentiful Greek Yogurt on your next shopping trip and let me know what you think!