Just because it is back to school doesn’t mean you have to give up on one of the best parts of the summer – S’mores!
Try this dainty little chalkboard s’mores and celebrate the new school year. They would make a really cute goody to pass out to your child’s teachers any time of the year. In fact, those of us that are homeschoolers can still appreciate their tastiness and cuteness. I may make these for a Not Back to School party treat!
Back to School S’Mores
Graham cracker squares
Chocolate bar (Hershey’s original works great, work side down)
1 Tbsp premade, ready to spread frosting (any color)
Small, thin pretzel sticks
Wilton white icing gel
Wilton sugared apples (optional, but adorable!)
White Mike and Ike candies or white Tic Tacs
You will also need some toothpicks.
1. Take a graham cracker square and spread around 1 Tbsp of marshmallow creme on top of it.
2. Place a piece of chocolate on, top covering the entire graham and press down gently to even out the marshmallow.
3. Place the chocolate and marshmallow graham cracker in the microwave on a microwave-safe plate, and heat for 10 seconds. Do not overheat or the chocolate will begin to melt and lose shape. Let set to cool for at least 10 minutes.
4. Using a toothpick, carve out a Back to School phrase into the chocolate (Back to School, ABC, Welcome, etc). Be sure to make the ridges pretty deep.
5. Sprinkle powdered sugar all over the top of the chocolate smores piece.
6. With a lightly dampened paper towel, wipe the powdered sugar off the top of the chocolate, leaving the sugar in the carved ridges to resemble a word written in chalk.
7. Dip a toothpick into premade, ready to spread frosting and use it to glue a pretzel stick to the bottom of the chocolate s’more, resembling the base of a chalkboard. Set aside and let set for at least 5 minutes.
8. Dip a toothpick into ready to spread frosting and spread on back of the Wilton sugar apple and press onto the chocolate chalkboard. Let this set for a minute.
9. Dip a toothpick into ready to spread frosting and spread on the back of a white Ike and Mike candy or Tic Tac. Press onto the chocolate chalkboard right above the pretzel stick to resemble a piece of chalk. Let this set one minute.
This is just a starting point – feel free to get creative with it! Add a boarder to your chalk board, use cinnamon flavored graham squares, make it your own.
Watch teachers and students fall in love with this adorable school themed treat!
Looking for another yummy s’mores idea? Try my delicious s’mores parfait.