Treat yourself to a delicious dessert by making a batch of these adorable decorated Oreo cookies that look just like a sweet pumpkin patch! This dessert makes a fun edible centerpiece or bake sale treat. This will be the talk of any potluck or fall party, too!
Edible Pumpkin Patch with OREO Cookies
Makes 10 in about 30 minutes.
Please note that links below are affiliate links.
You Will Need:
- 2 cups of orange melting chocolates
- 1⁄2 cup of green melting chocolates
- 1⁄2 tsp coconut oil
- 10 pecan pieces for the stems
*any colors can be created using a base white melting chocolate and blending in a tiny amount of gel coloring (must be specific oil-based gel coloring for melting chocolates).
*For the lighter orange pumpkins, add some white melting chocolates to the orange until you reached your desired color.
- ramekins and pan for double boiler set up
- wire cooling rack
- parchment paper
- Oreo cookie plastic candy mold
These can be created without the mold by dipping an Oreo into the melted chocolate using a fork or dipping wand.
- Set up double boiler with shallow pan and ramekins for each color chocolate. Fill with water until it is half way up side of ramekins. Be careful not to get water inside of them as it will seize the chocolate. Turn heat to medium low.
- Add chocolates and a small amount of coconut oil to each, stirring to combine as they melt.
- When the chocolate is melted, spoon orange into the bottom of each Oreo candy mold until filled half way. Add the Oreo and push down lightly. Fill orange chocolate around the cookie until completely covered.
- Place the Oreo candy mold in refrigerator for 20-30 minutes until they are set.
- Remove from molds. Use a toothpick dipped in green melting chocolates to create leaves in the center of the Oreo candy. Add a dollop in the center of the leaves and “glue” a pecan piece to it for the stem.
- Use the toothpick and green melted chocolate to form vines. Get creative!
- Set to dry and harden.
- Store in airtight container.
Enjoy this adorable fall dessert, and be sure to share some with your family and friends!