If you’re looking for a fun, new slime recipe, try this one out! It combines the clear glue slime with a little textured fun with Perler beads. Use what colors you want and have fun with it! This would be a lot of fun to make and take at a party, slumber party, or a hands-on crafting class.
DIY Perler Bead Slime Recipe
You Will Need:
- 1 5 oz container clear glue (affiliate link)
- 1 cup hot water
- ⅓ tsp borax
- ¼ cup room temperature water
- 1 package Perler beads (affiliate link)
- In a container, pour 1 cup of hot water.
- Add ⅓ tsp of borax and mix well.
- In a second bowl or container, fill with ¼ cup room temperature water.
- Squeeze an entire bottle (5 oz) of clear glue.
- Pour in your Perler beads. We used about ¾ of a bag. Use any combination of colors that you would like! They have glitter ones or glow in the dark ones, too.
- If you want to use glitter you can add some now. Mix well.
- Pour your entire water/glue bowl into the first bowl of borax and water. You will immediately see the slime begin to form.
- Let it sit for about 30 seconds to a minute and wipe out your empty bowl.
- Pick up your slime from the water and borax solution and transfer it to your empty bowl. It will be sticky at first! That’s ok! Knead it and it will thicken up and finish forming. If your slime is still way too sticky, splash a bit of the borax water on it and continue to knead.
- Store in an airtight container.
Note: When storing the slime will fall to the bottom and the beads will rise to the top. Everyone will think this is super cool. It will all mix together soon.
Can’t get enough slime? Try these: