Babies only stay little for a short time, and using products that are eco-friendly, non-toxic, and natural just makes sense. Brentwood Home sent me a Poppy Crib Mattress and The Sweet Pea changing pad for review, and I am excited to tell you what makes them different!
Poppy 2-Stage Crib Mattress
The Poppy Crib Mattress is a safe and innovative product for families. It’s got 2 layers so you can use this until your child graduates to a big kid bed. One side is firm for infants, and the other side is softer for the comfort of your growing toddler. You simply flip it over when you are ready.
I love when products are 2-in-1, because it saves you money. Unlike regular crib mattresses, this one adjusts for your child growing older rather than just staying the same. I love that it is like a whole new product when you flip it over.
Another great feature is that the cover is waterproof, so it’s easy to clean up when a diaper or training pant may leak. It’s free of chemical fire retardants, heavy metals, and phthalates, too, so you can feel better knowing that your child isn’t spending half of the hours in their day cozying up to harmful chemicals.
Here is a bit more of the technical info you might want to know:
- Firm side: 3” CertiPUR-US foam layer for infants
- Soft-side: 1” CertiPUR-US foam layer for toddlers
- Made with hypoallergenic, anti-static, and anti-microbial materials
- Border fabric helps the mattress fit snug inside the crib, providing additional durability and stability to protect baby near corners and sides
- Waterproof surface is completely PVC-Free
- We use a special fire barrier protectant of hydrated silica—the same compounds as the gemstone opal—for your precious gem
- Meets and exceeds federal flammability and CPSC standards
- Free of lead and phthalates
- CertiPUR-US Certified Foam
- Standard Dimensions: 53” L x 28” W x 4.5” H
- Warranty: 10 Year Limited Warranty
Sweet Pea Changing Pad
The Sweet Pea Changing Pad by Brentwood Home has a gentle contoured shape that fits to your baby or toddler’s body to keep them comfortable and minimize fussing and wiggling. The cover has been specially designed with a bubble-quilt cover and gives your baby a new and interesting tactile experience, allowing them to grasp or explore the surface with their fingers.
The Sweet Pea cover is super easy to remove, wash, or replace as needed since we all know that diaper changes can be a totally messy job. The waterproof surface underneath the cover is free of harmful chemicals, which is great since babies and toddlers spend so much of their time getting their diapers changed!
Here is a little more info you might want to know:
- CertiPUR-US Certified Foam
- Completely nontoxic and free of phthalates and heavy metals.
- Changing Pad Dimensions: 34” L x 16” W x 4” H
Brentwood Home is a company that believes in safe products, sourced as locally as they can. They keep their production process as close to their home in California as possible. They design everything in-house and handcraft products at their Los Angeles factory.
The California vibe inspires a lot of the end result of their products, such as using neutral colors, eco-friendly materials, and a sleek, modern design. They also name almost everything they produce after a West Coast staple or landmark.
Brentwood Home meets and exceeds the strict safety standards put forth by the state of California. They use a combination of organic, non-toxic, and natural materials in their healthy home products.
If you get jealous of your baby or toddler’s great sleep because of the comfortable mattress, be sure to check out the Brentwood Home Mattress Collection for big people, too. 🙂
They offer Latex, Memory Foam, Spring, and Classic (Bamboo Gel) mattress options with free shipping and a 120 night guarantee. As with the crib mattress, these mattresses are handcrafted using natural, non-toxic materials, free of harmful fire retardants.