Nothing says summer like cooking out on the grill, and now you can find out how to grill some tasty veggies to make guacamole that’s been taken to a new level! This grilled recipe is perfect for your next camping trip, outdoor party, or as a quick side for the next time you grill up some burgers and hot dogs.
Outdoor cooking is not your thing? If you have a grill pan you can create the same effect indoors, as well, and you could also just use roasted vegetables.
Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think!
You Will Need:
1 medium tomato
1 small red pepper
1 small onion
1-2 teaspoons garlic powder
Salt to taste
1. Start by washing your veggies and cutting them in half.
2. Next, place your tomato, onion, red pepper and avocado on the hot grill and toast them for a few moments. You may need to spray the grill with cooking spray BEFORE it’s lit or hot so that the veggies don’t stick. Keep an eye on them as you don’t want them to burn. (You’re just wanting to get a bit of a char and grill marks on there.)
3. Once one side of your veggie half is grilled well, pull it off, place aside, and let cool.
4. Chop up your cooked tomato, red pepper and onion into small pieces and set aside.
5. Next, take your avocado and remove from the peel, add to a bowl, and mash with a fork until it has a creamy consistency.
6. Finally, add in your chopped up grilled veggies, mix together and stir. Then add in your garlic powder and salt to taste.
Serve with chips, fajitas, on crackers, or with some fresh veggies to enjoy. We go through a lot of guacamole here, so doubling or tripling the recipe is easy and needed for our large family. Feel free to do the same for yours.