We all need some tasty treats in our lives. These granola bars are absolutely delicious. They remind me of “monster cookies” or cowboy cookies because they have all the yummy little morsels of goodness in them all togeth er to create this explosion of flavors. You can really add everything but the kitchen sink to make it your favorite.
This recipe is nut-free, so if your child has a restriction on that, you can rest easy sending these along. Granola bars also make a fabulous after school snack or even a great finger food for parties.
Now, I never promised these were going to be a particularly nutritious snack, but they are packed with oats and raisins. That makes them at least SORT of like eating a health food….right?
Give these a try, and let me know what you think!
Kitchen Sink Granola Bars
3 cups quick rolled oats
1/2 cup mini candy coated chocolates
2/3 cup raisins
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened at room temperature
1/4 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Add all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, and mix until well-combined.
2. Transfer to a 9 x 13 pan. Using a spatula, press down firmly and evenly.
3. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until your granola is lightly golden brown.
4. Cool in pan for about 30 minutes.
5. Break into pieces and they’re ready to enjoy!
Feel free to tweak this recipe a bit. You could replace the raisins or candies with other things like cranberries, dried blueberries, butterscotch chips, nuts, coconut, mini chocolate chips, or even cut up chunks of your favorite candy bars. It is very versatile, so experiment.