I’ve made a yummy low carb buffalo chicken dip many times, but it finally occurred to me to stick it on a wedged bell pepper to make it more of a balanced meal. I ate half of the batch for lunch for myself, so I would say that this recipe serves 2. If you are following Trim Healthy Mama, this would be a tasty S (or satisfying) meal.
Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers
- 2 bell peppers (any color)
- 1 large can of chicken breast (12.5 oz) or you can use leftover shredded chicken
- 2-4 oz cream cheese (to taste), softened
- Hot sauce to taste (I used Frank’s RedHot and probably put about 2 tsp)
- 1/4-1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Cut your bell peppers into wedges, removing the seeds and stem. Lay each wedge on your cookie sheet, waiting to be filled with chicken mixture.
- Mix your chicken, cream cheese, and hot sauce together. Using a small spoon, carefully fill your pepper wedges with the mixture.
- Once the peppers are stuffed, top each wedge with some of your shredded cheese.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the edges of your peppers are beginning to brown a little.
You can serve these with some blue cheese or ranch dressing, but I ate mine plain. They had plenty of flavor on their own, and the sweetness from the pepper really complimented the zing of the buffalo chicken filling, which was cooled a bit by the richness of the cheese.
It’s an awesome lunch, dinner, appetizer, or snack! They also make yummy leftovers if you happen to have any left. It’s a yummy finger food, so it would also be good to serve at any parties you might host around sporting events. They’re so tasty, no one will even realize that they are low carb!