Luscious Lemon Cake
This recipe yields a generous 9 x 13 pan.
You Will Need:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray the pan with cooking spray.
2. Pour the lemon pie filling into the bottom of the pan.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the yellow cake mix, eggs, and butter.
4. Pour the batter on top of the lemon filling already in the pan.
5. Bake for an 20-25 minutes.
6. Top the whole cake with whipped cream or Cool Whip, or top each individual piece with either of those or ice cream for a refreshingly creamy and sweet treat.
For an even more lemony dessert, you can mix a tub of Cool Whip with a container of lemon flavored frosting and top your cake with that. I’ve heard that combo adds a whole new creamy lemon element that’s out of this world. I may have to try that next time!
If lemon isn’t your thing, you can play around with different flavors of pie filling and cake mixes. Many people consider this type of recipe a dump cake recipe because it’s so simple to just dump everything together and bake! I’d love for you to try it out and tell me what flavor combinations you love.