I love a good patriotic celebration. Okay, I’ll admit it….I’m in it for the food! These Patriotic Rice Treat Pops are an awesome and easy way to get festive and share a classic treat that everyone will love.
Patriotic Rice Treat Pops
This recipe will make a 9×13 pan of regular sized treats or it will make a 9×9 pan of 6 thick bars.
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
Two 10 oz. bags of mini marshmallows
10 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Line your 9×13 or 9×9 pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large sauce pan, melt the butter over low heat.
3. Add the two bags of marshmallows to the melted butter, stirring constantly.
4. Once the marshmallows have melted, remove from heat and stir in the cereal, salt, and vanilla extract until well-coated.
5. Using a rubber spatula, transfer the cereal mixture to your prepared pan and press down evenly.
6. Decorate with red, white, and blue stars, crystals and sprinkles on top.
7. Allow the rice treats to cool in the pan completely before cutting into six even squares.
8. Optional: place a cookie pop stick into each square to make them into cute little treat pops.
I hope you and your family have a lovely holiday celebration! I hope you’ve found that this is a quick and easy way to pull together a festive dessert for everyone. It’s a childhood classic will please a crowd of kids and adults alike.