Peanut Butter and Jelly Rice Krispies Treats
Begin by making a regular bath of Rice Krispies Treats. This will make a regular 9 x 13 pan batch.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE RICE KRISPIES TREATS:
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
Two 10 oz. bags of marshmallows
10 cups Rice Krispies cereal
DIRECTIONS FOR RICE KRISPIES TREATS
1. Spray a 9×13 pan with a non-stick coating spray and set aside.
2. In a large sauce pan, melt the butter over low heat.
3. Add the marshmallows and stir occasionally until melted.
4. Remove from the heat and stir in the cereal until well-coated.
5. Transfer the cereal mixture to your prepared pan and press down firmly.
6. Cool for at least 45 minutes.
Next, you’ll want to move on to the PB&J part of this treat!
INGREDIENTS FOR PB&J RICE KRISPIES TREATS:
1 prepared 9 x 13 pan of Rice Krispies treats (recipe above)
1 cup smooth peanut butter
3/4 cup squeezable grape jelly
1 Tablespoon solid shortening
3/4 cup Wilton peanut butter melts (affiliate link)
1/2 cup chopped peanuts
DIRECTIONS FOR PB&J RICE KRISPIES TREATS:
1. Spread a thin layer of peanut butter on top of your prepared Rice Krispies treats.
2. Cut the Rice Krispies treats into 12 even pieces.
3. Carefully squeeze about 1 tablespoon of jelly onto each cut square.
4. In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the shortening for 45 seconds. Add the peanut butter melts and stir until melted and smooth.
5. Using a spoon, drizzle the melted peanut butter on top of each bar.
6. Sprinkle 3 to 4 peanuts on top of each Rice Krispies treat.
As you can see, it doesn’t take a whole lot of extra effort to elevate ordinary Rice Krispies Treats into something absolutely scrumptious! This recipe does a great job of giving some sweet and salty, chewy and crunchy. It’s unique and would be a fun take along to any potluck or even a cookie swap!
What is your favorite way to enjoy peanut butter and jelly?