With SPRING here and Easter on the way, try this cool craft idea! Fun for children and adults alike, there are endless color combinations. I’m including the template to make these as Easter Eggs, but you could use the same technique and your own templates to create anything you’d like. I think with the right shape to trace, this craft would be perfect to make amazing tulips and daisies, Easter baskets, umbrellas, rain boots, and more.
Expect this one to get a little messy. You are using acrylic paints, after all. The best part is that you can change the color combinations and placements to come up with all different looks. The background color that you choose for the larger egg template will really help those colors pop, too.
Spring Paint Scrape Craft – Easter Eggs
You Will Need:
Colored Card stock
White Card stock
Newspaper (material to protect your surface)
1. Download and print the Easter egg template. Cut the template out.
2. Trace the smaller egg onto white card stock and the larger egg onto colored card stock. Cut the egg shapes out.
Note: Cover your surface with newspaper or another material to protect it from paint. This project is a going to get a little bit messy!
3. Drop paint drops onto the white card stock egg. Try out different color combinations.
4. Use a flat piece of thick cardboard and starting from the top, scrape the paint across the egg. Use the excess paint on the cardboard to scrape any areas that missed color.
Note: Try not to go across the egg more than 2 or 3 times as you will smear the paint and lose the quality of the design.
5. Allow the paint to dry completely. Glue the painted egg onto colored card stock.
Aren’t they cute? This would be a great activity to do with kids as young as toddlers if you don’t mind the mess! Acrylic paint and the rest of the supplies are so inexpensive that you could have such a good time for pennies.