We’ve been snowed in thanks to Cleon (though iced in is more like it). In the meantime, I’ve decided to put my kitchen skills to work to create some delicious and easy baked goods using my Good Cook Sweet Creations Mini Loaf Pan. I created this recipe, which I call Sunshine Bread. It combines two of my favorite fruits, pineapple and banana, to make a delicious sweet loaf of bread to wake you up and brighten up your day.
*Good Cook sent me a Sweet Creations Mini Loaf Pan and a package of White Snow Flake Parchment Paper for the purpose of this post. I’m grateful, because I really do enjoy the products.
I really love how this recipe turned out. Fruited breads are a huge favorite of mine, and this one is so customizable. I made mine gluten free by using gluten free flour, dairy free, and with no added sugar simply by using Swerve Sweetener instead of sugar. My kids enjoyed this as well.
When I say mashed banana in my recipe, don’t over think it. You can easily just mash the banana with a fork right in the bowl!
To make this even more delicious, or to make it more of a dessert, you might want to make up a batch of orange glaze or coconut cream frosting. Either of these would add a little “sunshine” to the recipe for sure! I would have done that with mine, but we were iced in and I couldn’t head to the store for a few ingredients.
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar substitute (I used Swerve) or white sugar
- 1 cup all purpose gluten free flour (or regular flour if you prefer)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple (or pineapple tidbits cut up into smaller pieces)
- 1 medium-sized banana, mashed
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (or another nut of your choice)
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat the egg, vanilla, and sugar. In another bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, and baking soda.
- Add half of the flour mixture, and then the pineapple. Add the last half of the flour mixture, and then the pineapple. Fold in the walnuts.. Mix just until combined.
- Pour mixture into lightly greased Sweet Creations Mini Loaf Pan. Only fill about half way full. Mine makes 3 mini loaves.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 28-34 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean or only slightly crumby.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes on a wire rack, then gently turn the pan over to remove the mini loaves.
This recipe is very easy to customize. You can use your choice of flour, sweetener, nuts or none, or you could even customize the fruits (pumpkin or applesauce work great instead of the banana or pineapple).
Next time you’re craving something sweet and unique, give this gluten free recipe a try.