Since I started looking through the Trim Healthy Mama plan, one drink kept standing out to me. Good Girl Moonshine. The THM community sometimes calls it GGMS, and it’s basically a sipper drink (meaning you can drink it any time) that contains ginger and apple cider vinegar. Many women replace soda with this!
I had heard others mention a Hawaiian punch GGMS or fruit punch Good Girl Moonshine, but I could never find a recipe I really loved. I decided to make my own, with a tasty tropical twist. Not only that, but I make is VERY easy peasy. No fuss here. I like to keep things simple.
Here is my recipe!
Tropical Punch GGMS
You Will Need:
- 1 quart glass/canning jar
- 1-2 tea bags, fruity flavored (I use Celestial Seasonings Watermelon Lime Zinger)
- 2 cups of water
- 1-2 Tbsp raw apple cider vinegar (I use Bragg – get one that says “With the mother”)
- 2-3 tsp THM’s (Super) Sweet Blend (see the conversion chart for using other sweeteners)
- 1-2 large ginger ice cubes (made by blending a small peeled ginger root and 2 cups of water and freezing into ice cubes)
- several handfuls of ice
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- 1/2 tsp orange extract
- 1/2 tsp cherry extract
- Metal, glass, or plastic straw
- Throw your tea bag(s) in your glass container and cover with 2 cups of cold water.
- Pour in the apple cider vinegar and your sweetener and top with the ginger cubes. Stir until blended. (Ginger cubes do not have to be melted to move to the next step.)
- Fill your container to the top with ice cubes and pour in your extracts. If you’d like, top it off with a little more cold water.
- Stick your straw in there and stir everything together. Enjoy! Stir regularly to keep everything mixed together.
As you can see, I’ve made it SUPER easy and quick to make and enjoy a Trim Healthy Mama Good Girl Moonshine!
Love the ginger ice cubes and having those made up ahead of time! Such a great idea!
Would this last in the refrigerator for a few days if I wanted to make a pitcher of it?
I wouldn’t see why not! I’d skip the ice step until you are ready to enjoy it. Just be sure to stir or shake contents to mix them together again! 🙂
Gwen Hafford says
You don’t steep the tea bags in hot water? How long does it take when you just put them in the mason jar with cold water? This looks delicious and I want to prepare it correctly.
I had the same question!
Just be careful with the amount of ginger. Some recipes call for ground and some use the raw. I got some ginger juice and ruined two batches. It tasted like gasoline!