These sweet treats are adorable and perfect for back to school! The chalkboard brownies and ruler brownies would be so much fun to take for any sort of school or homeschool party. I hope you think these Back to School Brownies are as cute as I do.
Back to School Brownies (semi-homemade)
Premade, prepackaged brownies (pictured are the walnut Little Debbie kind, walnuts removed)
Werthers caramel candy rolls (or Tootsie Rolls)
Wilton white icing gel tube
Ready to spread frosting (any color)
Wilton edible sugar apple decoration
1/4 cup Wilton yellow candy melts
Wilton black icing gel tube
To Make Chalkboard Brownies:
1. Microwave a caramel roll candy piece for 8 seconds and roll out, making it much thinner so it can stretch the lengths of the brownie. You will need 3 caramel candy pieces for each brownie. Once the caramel is stretched (and before it cools), lay on top of the brownie. Once it hardens, it will stick to the brownie. Let each brownie set for a few minutes.
2. With white icing gel, write cute school-themed phrases on the face of each brownie like ABC or 123.
3. Add a small amount of ready to spread frosting on the back of the Wilton apple decoration and attach to the caramel part of the smores chalkboard. (Optional: you could also add small white candies like Tic Tacs to resemble chalk!)
To Make Ruler Brownies:
1. Microwave 1/4 cup Wilton yellow chocolate melts for 35 seconds. Stir until melted.
2. Ice the brownies with the melted yellow candies and let set for 20 minutes.
3. With a black icing gel, add the lines and numbers to make it resemble a ruler.