Blueberry oat muffins are a fun twist on a standby classic breakfast item. Served with a glass of milk and a side of bacon or sausage, you’ve got a delicious comfort food meal that the whole family will love.
When you make these, you could also substitute other berries, but might want to increase the sugar a bit. You can use frozen or fresh blueberries, but I would thaw and slightly drain the frozen ones before using.
Blueberry Oat Muffins
1 C flour
1 C oats
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 C whole milk
1/4 C oil
1/2 C sugar
1 C diced blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Line muffin tin with paper or parchment paper liners.
3. Mix flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
4. In another bowl, whisk the egg, whole milk, oil and sugar.
5. Add the diced blueberries into the wet mixture.
6. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture blending until just moist.
7. Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop the batter into lined muffin tins.
8. Bake your muffins for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the muffin comes out clean.
What are your favorite muffins?
If you’re looking for another great recipe, check out my Old Fashioned Blueberry Muffins recipe. Other yummy breakfast recipes on the blog are Razzleberry French Toast Breakfast Casserole (great for using up leftover holiday pie) and my Easy Cheesy Sausage Balls (low carb and SO delicious). I like to pair my breakfast items with a fruit, a dairy, and a meat to help keep everyone full longer.