Y’all know I’m ALL about easy, fun crafts that will make me the COOL MOM without all of that devotion to Pinterest and complicated instructions. I just don’t do complicated. Try these Ghost Mason Jar Glow Lamps today and have fun making a simple Halloween craft the whole family will love!
Since you’re not using an open flame, this would make a PERFECT decoration for your home, inside or out! It’s easy enough that kids can help you make them. In fact, wouldn’t this be a cute craft to do at a Halloween party?
Give it a try, and let me know what you think.
You Will Need:
- An Empty Mason Jar
- White tissue paper
- Black construction paper or stock paper
- One Glue stick
- A Pair of Scissors
- Battery operated tea light (Dollar Tree usually has these for a steal!)
1. Cut up a sheet or two of white tissue paperinto small pieces.
2. With a glue stick, glue the tissue pieces all over the Mason jar.
3. With a scissors, cut out 2 small circles for the ghost eyes and an oval shape for the mouth from the sheet of black paper.
4. Apply the glue stick to the back of the eyes and mouth and attach to the Mason jar. Press firmly.
5. Add a battery operated tea light and ENJOY!!
Note, if you are wanting this to last a few years, you could always grab some Modge Podge and coat it a time or two over all of the tissue paper and black paper. If you are just wanting something VERY quick and easy to use for this year, then no need to bother! 🙂
The same thing could be done on little glass baby food jars, as well. I’ve even done this to jars of pizza sauce, coconut oil, etc so there would be different sizes of ghosts.
(Pssst: You could also do this same idea with orange tissue paper and cut out jack-o-lantern shapes of the black paper for a fun pumpkin craft!)
Looking for some other EASY things to do for Halloween? Check out these Monster Eye Cookies, another fun way to turn ordinary party supplies into ghosts, or see how to make a Halloween wreath for less than $10!