I am always looking for shortcut recipes. This quick peach pull apart bread recipe is simple because you use canned biscuits and pie filling. It’s semi-homemade, though, because you’re making your own spice mix and glaze. This would be perfect to take with you to a potluck or a brunch. You could easily adapt this to your favorite fruity flavor like cherry or blueberry if you would prefer.
This pull apart bread would be great as a breakfast or as a dessert. I hope you like it!
Quick Peach Pull Apart Bread Recipe
You Will Need:
For the Bread-
2 cans Grands flaky biscuits (refrigerated)
1 can peach pie filling, rinsed
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
For the Glaze-
1 ½ cups powdered sugar
¼ cup half and half
1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg and mix until combined
- Open your cans of biscuits and begin to peel each biscuit by its layers enough to make 16 biscuit halves.
- Dip the biscuit pieces into the sugar mixture until coated on both sides and set aside. Repeat until all biscuit pieces have been sugar-coated.
- Once your can of peach pie filling has been rinsed, dice the peaches.
- Begin layering your biscuits in your loaf pan as follows. Make one layer of biscuit and place a few pieces of peaches into the middle. Layer another piece of biscuit over it and repeat with a few more pieces of peaches. Repeat steps until all biscuits are used. If you have leftover sugar mixture, dust the top of your layered loaf with it.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and then remove the foil. Bake for another 10-15 minutes or until completely baked.
- Remove from the oven. Let the loaf cool for 5 minutes in the pan. After the 5 minutes remove the peach pull apart bread loaf from the pan.
To Make the Glaze Icing:
- Whisk together the powdered sugar and half and half, adding more if necessary to reach the desired consistency.
- Add the vanilla and whisk again.
- Drizzle liberally over the peach pull apart loaf.