Who doesn’t LOVE unicorns? Okay, a few of my boys, maybe, but my daughter and I love unicorns, and a unicorn CRAFT could be a unique way to decorate for a party, have fun with friends, or even spruce up the walls of your daughter’s room. This also makes a great sleepover activity for teen and tween girls because it’s fairly easy and involves GLITTER (without the mess, thankfully!).
You know what else? The supplies for this can be found at most Dollar Tree stores! Talk about economical. If you can’t find the supplies there, they can be obtained easily at Michael’s or Hobby Lobby.
Sparkly Unicorn Paper Plate Craft
You Will Need:
- White Paper Plates (I personally prefer the look of the thicker, glossy ones.)
- Gold Sparkle/Glitter Cardstock
- Pink Sparkle/Glitter Cardstock
- Black Permanent Marker
- Glue (super glue or a tacky craft glue is best)
- Artificial Flowers
- Take your gold cardstock and cut out the shape to make a large unicorn horn.
- Take one of the paper plates (or a sheet of white paper or cardstock) and cut out two large unicorn ears.
- Take the pink cardstock and cut out the inner pink sections of the unicorn ears. Aim to size the pink section at about half the size of the white section so the white part is still noticeable.
- Using leftover pink cardstock, cut two small circles for cheeks.
- Glue the pink ear sections onto the white ears.
- Glue the unicorn horn and ears onto the white paper plate, being sure to glue them behind the plate rather than on top of it.
- Wait for the glue to dry, and then glue on your flowers. Lay the flowers out beforehand to decide on the spacing and color combinations you will want for the final product. You don’t want too many flowers in one spot, or to run out of flowers!
- Next, you will want to draw on the unicorn’s eyes and eyelashes. To practice the design and placement, use a blank sheet of paper to practice on and lay over your paper plate since you can’t erase it once you’ve drawn on there with your permanent marker.
- Once you’re done with the eyes and eyelashes, it’s time to glue your sparkly pink cheeks on the unicorn.
Congratulations, you are done! 🙂 I think this is such a pretty craft. You could mix up the color combinations and even use a little glitter glue to embellish the artificial flowers if you wanted to without causing a crazy mess. That can be found at the dollar store, too.