As we begin this Paleo challenge together, it is important to get your kitchen ready. More than likely, you have tons of stuff sitting on the shelves of your pantry, hidden away in drawers, stuffed in the fridge, and lining your freezer bins that will NOT be Paleo.
This Challenge is ONLY 31 Days – YOU CAN DO THIS!!
Trust me when I say that you *can* do this for just 31 days. You can! The biggest help to you will be to get all of the No No items OUT of your house! Here’s my video describing some steps you can take:
To recap, here are foods to DITCH for the Paleo Challenge for May 2013:
- Grains and foods containing them (Rice, Corn, Oats, Wheat, Barley, etc)
- Dairy – Milk, cheese, cottage cheese, cream cheese, buttermilk – and anything that contains these items
- Legumes – Beans, Beans, the magical fruit! Get rid of them. This includes peanuts as they are actually a legume as well.
- Vegetable oil, canola oil, peanut oil
- Sugar! Also start purging things that CONTAIN sugar of any type. (Allowed sugar includes honey *preferably raw and local* and pure maple syrup for this challenge.)
- Soda, fruit juices, alcoholic beverages. (Again, I know some people will be keeping a glass of wine or a can of beer here and there. This is your challenge, so plan accordingly)
- Processed foods – Cereal, granola bars, chips, ice cream, pretzels, etc
For more ideas on what to and not to eat, check out this list as well.
Don’t sabotage your efforts before you even get started!
Get your kitchen ready so you can walk right into this challenge totally prepared and ready to NOURISH your body.