I love easy recipes that I can make with my kids, and these HAPPY FALL Autumn Dipped Pretzel Rods fit that bill nicely. This recipe is simple, only uses a few ingredients, and comes together quickly.
Once your decorated pretzels are dried, cooled, and set, they can even be wrapped nicely in cellophane as little individual gifts for teachers, neighbors, and friends.
The basic recipe can be adapted to any holiday, season, school colors, or birthday party color scheme, too. Play around with it and see what you think.
Happy Fall Autumn Dipped Pretzel Rods
You Will Need:
- 8 large pretzel rods
- 6 ounces White Candy Melts
- 2 ounces Orange Candy Melts
- Autumn or Fall Mix (brown, orange, and yellow) Sprinkles
- Wax paper
- (optional) squeeze bottle
- Lay wax paper on counter or a tray.
- Place White Candy Melts in a coffee mug or small bowl and melt according to package directions.
- Dip pretzel rods into melted white candy. Tilt the mug/bowl or use a spoon to cover more areas if desired. Lay on wax paper.
- Melt Orange Candy Melts according to package directions. If desired, pour into a squeeze bottle for more precise application.
- Pipe orange candy onto pretzels using the squeeze bottle or a spoon (or a fork works nicely), using a back and forth motion from the tip to where the white candy ends.
- Generously place sprinkles onto dipped pretzel rods.
- Chill in the refrigerator for an hour to set.
As you can see, this recipe is easy and turns out so cute!
Be sure to take a look at my APPLE decorated cupcakes recipe and this free autumn memory game printable for other ways to welcome fall, especially with kids.
Looking for Halloween activities and recipes? Try these: